- He was born into the public eye
- within his father's image.
- A chance he'd take to stake his claim
- and cross the line of scrimage.
- When camera's flash before his eyes,
- he was blinded by the light.
- But never did he flater,
- his star was shining bright.
- Then one day, much too soon
- his fathers light grew dim.
- And all the world gathered 'round
- they kept their eyes on him.
- Son of John they would say,
- Julian would turn,
- but only time could teach them all
- the lesson's they would learn.
- His father's eyes and nose and hair,
- but the sound was not the same.
- For Julian himself would say,
- Life is Not a game.
- Just let him be JULIAN,
- And not the son OF JOHN,
- He'll achieve things on his own,
- with some help from God.
- ©2001 firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may not re-copy or re-print the poem in any
way at all without the written permission of the author.
- Back to
Background Photograph from Hello!
Magazine "99" by ©Brian Aris
Page Designed and Created ©2001
CK (Cassasong) Day After Day